St. Peter’s Catholic School believes each student is a child of God and graduates students who practice Christian spirituality, achieve academic excellence, and are prepared to be of service to the world.
ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL provides a challenging curriculum which sets high standards for student achievement. Religious instruction and an emphasis on values are a vital part of the curriculum. When a child begins his or her educational experience at St. Peter’s, he or she enters into an “extended family” in which teachers, students, and parents work together for a productive learning environment. Instruction in the early years of the Montessori Preschool program and the Kindergarten program provides the solid foundation for learning which continues throughout the grades. Extracurricular and enrichment activities are designed to enhance classroom learning and add depth to classroom experiences. As a result of concerted dedication to student achievement, St. Peter’s enjoys a reputation for academic excellence within the Mansfield community.
• St. Peter’s is an ODE certified provider school in the EdChoice, EdChoice Expansion (Income-Based), Jon Peterson Special Needs and Autism Scholarship programs.
• St. Peter’s Montessori Preschool/Kindergarten offers a unique and highly respected program which includes language, reading, math, geography, and science.
• Service is a component of the religion/theology curriculum at all grade levels.
• Tuition assistance is available to families who qualify for need through our Annual Fund. Also, the Kroger and Scrip dollar-for-dollar gift certificate
programs allow tuition reductions in the current school year based on a percentage of the dollar amount of certificates purchased.
• The athletic program offers a wide range of sports activities for students in primary grades through high school. The large Franciscan Activity Center athletic/activities building accommodates physical education classes and multisport functions while the 33-acre Spartan Fields located close to campus hosts baseball, soccer and softball games along with other various school functions.
• The Auxiliary Services Program provides an opportunity for students with special needs to work with specialists in order to address individual educational needs and maximize success.
• Approximately fifty-six percent (56%) of the students are of other faiths.
• Courses of study are reviewed regularly and textbooks and materials are updated as needed.
• The academic program for all students in the elementary and junior high school includes specialists in art, music, computer, foreign language, and physical education.
• St. Peter’s conducts a full-day program for kindergarten students.
• The atmosphere of the school buildings is organized and welcoming.
• Almost every year, St. Peter’s High School has one or more students recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Program.
• Every faculty member is degreed with 32% holding a Master degree and one a Doctorate degree.
• Over the past five years, ninety-four (94%) percent of our graduates attended a college or university compared to a 50% national average.
• Over the past five years, 159 SPHS graduates earned an approximate total of $5.8 million in college scholarships.
• Computer literacy begins in preschool at St. Peter’s School, aided by two computer instructors in two computer labs that include state-of-the-art computers, LCD projectors, high-speed cable modem access, wireless networking capabilities, mobile units with wireless laptop computers, smartboards and iPads.
• Qualified high school students have the opportunity to take college-level courses at the high school and at a local college through the College Credit Plus Program.