St. Peter’s Kindergarten offers a full-day experience that provides developmental programs which stimulate and encourage children to grow in awareness and develop to their fullest potential. Students entering St. Peter’s Kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before August 1 of the upcoming school year.
The full-day St. Peter’s Kindergarten program can include either (a) a full day in the St. Peter’s Kindergarten program itself or (b) a combination of a half day of St. Peter’s Montessori Kindergarten plus a half day in the St. Peter’s Kindergarten program.
Children will enjoy a full-day experience that will complement and promote their learning through hands-on experiences with small and whole group activities. The program is centered on the educational objectives set forth by the Diocese of Toledo which includes language arts/reading, math, science, social studies, health and religion. The program also includes art, music, physical education and computer classes, all taught by specialists.
Reliable research-based studies report that:
- Children in full-day programs have higher achievement test scores on all core academics.
- Full-day programs exhibit more independent learning, classroom involvement, and productivity in work with peers.
- Full-day kindergarteners are more than twice as likely as half-day kindergarteners to reach grade levels without repeating a grade.
- Full-day kindergarten students have more time and opportunity to play with language development, explore subjects in depth, and have more interactions with the teacher.
- Children’s knowledge of early literacy concepts increases during full-day programs with improved students’ reading achievement for the next four years as a result.
Parents can take advantage of the Child Center Latch Key program for their child’s care before or after school. For more information, please call elementary school principal, Mrs. Madalyn Bauer, at 419-524-3351.