In the video above, Mr. Mulherin presents the 2020 recipients of the Bishop’s Cross Award. Typically presented during the Baccalaureate Mass, the Bishop’s Cross award goes to a male and female member of the Senior Class who shows Christian and pastoral leadership in their class, school, and church communities.
The Bishop’s Cross is the highest honor bestowed upon any graduate of a Catholic High School in the Diocese of Toledo.
Please watch the video to celebrate the 2020 May Crowning Queen!
This tutorial from Mr. Cuttitta should help those who have not been able to register. We hope this helps.
March 13, 2019
Following the directives of the Governor of Ohio and the Catholic Diocese of Toledo in recent days, Very Rev. Gregory R. Hite, Pastor & Local Superintendent of St. Peter’s, has directed the following effective immediately out of an abundance of caution for the well-being of our parishioners, students, parents, and staff.
Sunday and weekday Masses will continue as scheduled. Still, the Catholic faithful have been given dispensation from the obligation of attending Sunday Mass for the weekends of March 14-15, March 21-22 and March 28-29 by the Bishop of Toledo.
Masses at St. Peter’s will be live-streamed on our website (mansfieldstpeters.org) and our Facebook pages starting this weekend.
We are following the recommendation of the Diocese of Toledo and encourage all the faithful, in particular those who are sick, experiencing symptoms of illness or are at risk of illness, seriously consider refraining from Mass attendance.
Easter Bake Sale Activities
Our pierogi sale will still happen on Saturday, March 14, as scheduled from 9 a.m. until Noon. The Cabbage Roll Pre-Sale will continue as planned on Thursday, March 19, from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. in the high school cafeteria, since the perishable goods were already on campus. We are canceling all other Easter Bake Sale prep events, and the sale scheduled for April 6 & 7th.
St. Peter’s School
- All school-related extracurricular activities are canceled starting Friday, March 13 until April 3.
- Students will report to school on Monday, March 16, so students can pick up materials and assignments for remote learning during the extended break. Parents will receive additional information through their Alma notifications and Spartan Alerts.
- Our school facilities will be closed to non-essential personnel starting at 3:30 p.m. on Monday, March 16, except for the Franciscan Activity Center, which will be open on Election Day for voting.
St. Peter’s Parish
- All parish ministries and meetings are canceled as long as the school closures are in effect.
- The Parish School of Religion Classes has been canceled for the rest of the year.
- Lectors and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion should contact Angie Dillon or call the Parish Center office if they are unable to attend Mass.
During the extended closure of the school, the Parish Center Office will be open only from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. If additional changes are needed, we will update our parishioners and parents through our website, social media channels and the local media.
Dear St. Peter’s Parents/Guardians,
Following the direction of Governor Mike DeWine and the guidance of the Diocese of Toledo, St. Peter’s School (Montessori, Elementary, Junior High, and High School buildings) will be closed for 3 weeks beginning Tuesday, March 17th and continuing through Friday, April 3rd.
We will have school on Monday, March 16th to allow teachers to communicate plans for remote learning with students. Students should plan on attending to receive instructions as well as to retrieve textbooks and other school materials. For grades 7-12, we will follow the schedule for an 8 period day. School will remain canceled for tomorrow, Friday, March 13 to allow teachers to make preparations.
All extracurricular activities will be canceled beginning at 3 pm on Monday, including athletic practices. Further details regarding remote learning and other upcoming events will be announced in the coming days.
Thank you for your understanding in these complicated circumstances.
Rev. Gregory R. Hite
Pastor & Local Superintendent
Elementary Principal/Montessori Director