Today, we are releasing the overview of St. Peter’s School’s Restart Smart Plan. This plan, informed by feedback received from our parent survey and health and safety guidelines from the CDC, ODE, and ODH, was collaboratively written by the administration, Strategic Planning Committee, and Education Commission.
This comprehensive plan provides for a safe return to in-person instruction. Our goal is to continue our mission to provide high-quality education to our students and to follow the path Christ set forth in the Gospel to be selfless in caring for one’s neighbor. We believe this plan will help us work towards the common goal of a safe and healthy school community.
We hope this plan answers some of the questions you have regarding the return to campus this fall. Please understand this overview is supported by a comprehensive plan that details how the school will safely operate next month. Further information will be shared in the weeks to come.
We encourage every parent to take the time to review the attached document or visit restartsmart.org, which will direct you to our Restart Smart page on the school website. The key highlights are as follows:
- Every child enrolled in Peter’s will have the option to attend classes in-person or through remote learning based on their family’s comfort level.
- A color-coded risk system will be implemented, similar to the system currently used by the State of Ohio. However, school administration will base our alert level on key indicators on our campus, as well as in our community.
- A heightened or high-risk level at St. Peter’s, as outlined in the plan overview, will transition the campus to full-time remote learning.
- All students from 3rd – 12th grades, as well as our faculty and staff, will be required to wear a face-covering while on campus. Students will be given opportunities to take off face coverings throughout the day when they are safely socially distanced. We also strongly recommend that our Pre-K – 2nd students wear a mask in school to the best that they are able.
- We expect all parents and caregivers to take an active role in monitoring their child’s health and to reinforce good hygiene practices at home.
Our goal is to be able to provide as much in-person instruction this school year as we can, but we will only be able to do so if every family follows the guidelines for social distancing and good hygiene every day at home and school.
The Restart Smart Plan for St. Peter’s School will likely evolve over the next month as conditions change. Our administration continues to be in contact with public school districts and Richland Public Health. Please keep in mind a detailed plan will follow shortly. However, if you have questions specific to your family’s situation, please contact your building principal.
Thank you for your continued prayers for our school community.
High School/Junior High Principal